Monday, February 21, 2011

Thunderstorms and orientation ...

Yesterday I witnessed my first day of rain in Brisbane :) and it could not have come at a better time ! We were experiencing a record high weekend of 40 degrees ! The rain came like torrential downpour! Within 20 minutes the sky went from a beautiful sunny super hot day to dark and storm clouds and 5 minutes later it poured more rain that I had ever seen before ! Roger and I were running around campus getting our student ID cards made when it started and we got soaked !! :) but it was a refreshing change !

Besides the rain we had our first day of orientation :) It was fun we made some new friends, explored the campus and are excited to start studying next week :) Tomorrow is market day where all of the different societies, sports clubs and even the transit system set up booths to inform students of what is happening on campus! I figure joining a sports team will help with making new friends so I will see if there is anything I'm good at and join lol

Then last night we made dinner :) we are really starting to get the hang of it, we made sausages on the grill and potatoes in the oven with peas :)

Till the next update

Here is a video of me on the helicopter in our way to the glacier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment