Monday, May 16, 2011

The Great Barrier Reef :)

It was just as amazing as you think :) .. We bought tickets for a catamaran ride to the reef and lunch and snorkling ! The trip there was amazing, it was a beautiful day and you can sit on the outside of the boat and take the sun :)  The seas were a bit rough and a lot of people were throwing up but luckily we were all ok.. but I did take a few walks for fresh air :P Once we got to the pontoon you had the option of eating, snorkeling, scuba diving or just admiring the view, there was a small submarine that had glass windows so that patrons could see the fish without getting wet :)

Me, Diana and Roger went scuba diving on the reef and unfortunately I could take pictures as we were too deep and the instructors wouldn't let me take my camera but take my word.. it was amazing :)  After the dive I still managed to jump in the water quickly and take a few pics for those of you who were looking forward to some fishies and coral :)

Fishies, my pictures don't do the reef justice

View from the submarine

I think these are called table coral

The view was absolutely amazing

This one is for Mike, because I know how much he would love seeing these fish

Pictures from my camera after scuba diving

Right before we got back on the boat, the tide was getting lower

I was chasing this fish around to get a pic lol

Leaving the reef, with the low tide the reef started to come out of the water
Scuba diving was amazing, a real adrenaline rush being that far below the water and blue everywhere around you with lots and lots of fish and coral :) A really awesome experience!

Till the next update!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment